Many home owners have had rental properties, only to find there tenants have been running illegal meth labs that have caused explosions. There is no doubt Meth Lab production is a dangerous business. New Life Restorations have been sent out to clean and restore homes that have been been fire damaged due to meth lab explosions.
In some cases meth lab clean ups may or may not be covered by your insurance policy.
The Clean Up Process
The process we follow is similar to a normal meth lab clean up and involves the following steps:
- Site assessment, sampling and scope (retrieve police reports)
- Decontamination of property while adhering to Clandestine Drug laboratory Remediation Guidelines
- Disposal of hazardous waste
- Clearance sampling and test to confirm we have done our job properly.
Cleaning the Fire Damage
We will also work in conjunction with the IICRC Fire Restoration Training we have accreditation in. The steps involved are:
- Remove non recoverable structural components
- Remove floor coverings after ceiling is removed
- Recoverable wall framing must be treated for odour and decontaminated if affected by Meth
- The HVAC or air conditioning must be examined and decontaminated
- Ozone Deodorization or thermal fogging
- Seal affected timber framing
- Clean affected walls, floors and ceilings
- Home contents are examined to see if recoverable and non recoverable
- Clearance test
All the above tests are completed with necessary personal protective equipment to protect against meth and fire damage contamination.
After the property has been clearance tested. The reconstruction could possibly begin.
Finding a Reliable Meth Lab Remediator with Fire Damage Experience
New Life Restorations are qualified in fire and smoke restoration and have a qualified microbiologist on staff to deal with meth contamination in accordance with the Clandestine Drug laboratory Remediation Guidelines. Please call or email us today if you have any questions or would like a free quote.
List of Meth Lab Explosions in the Media in Australia